Friday, January 7, 2011

What We've Been Up To Lately...

Allo, mes chers!  I have been very...well, busy.  The BeauceMobile required some impromptu repairs and so we all spent some time in at Custom Complete Automotive on Worley.  The good people employed there invited Jax and me to wait inside before Mom could even ask--paws up for a dog-friendly business!  Jax rested in his kennel and I lounged on the tile floor, magnanimously allowing passersby to pet and admire me.  I entertained them with my tricks and my good humor--so much so that I made it onto their Facebook page!  You can see the photos here.  Anywho, the BeauceMobile is up and running, thanks to their efforts.

We had a guest at agility practice today--Sean from Petco!  Jax and I were AMAZING!!!  I showed off my "mad skillz" by running a mini-course of jumps, tunnels, A-frame, and the pause table.  I breezed the chute several times, despite not having tried it in a month or two, and really made some headway on weave poles.  I'd only run them with gates maybe four or five times ever and we only had enough gates to cover the first six poles, relying on just the wires for the end of the line.  But I could still do it!  I began to run them back and forth on my own, trying to earn extra treats.  What can I say?  I'm a quick study;)

Over the past few days, Jaxson has taken a strong liking to Sean.  Sean has a Sheltie at home and so has a soft spot for the breed;)  Jax likes agility but becomes overwhelmed at CCSC when lots of dogs and handlers are working in close proximity.  He does what you ask him to do, but he isn't excited about it since he's worrying where everyone else is and what they are doing.  Mom wanted to keep him happy and bubbly but add to the crowd, so she asked Sean to accompany us.  She showed him how to send Jax into tunnels and the chute and then they introduced him to the UKC swinging bridge.  Jax is an old pro at the dog walk and the A-frame and merrily trotted over them without hesitation.  Mom held the baby teeter and gently set it down while Sead led Jax up it.  They fed him extra treats at the tipping point and pretty soon Jax bounded across as Mom let it fall a little faster.  He is a brave dog!  Jax genuinely enjoyed working with Sean, even on weave poles--his most problematic obstacle last session.  They only ran him six poles and he became so comfortable with them that he ran through them on his own several times as Mom and Sean were removing the gates at the end of our workout.  Needless to say, a banner day for both of us! 

Last night, Mom went over to some friends for a movie and returned smelling of cat.  Made me miss my Second Chance kittens!  Mom and I thought we would feature a Second Chance cat or dog on our blog to let you all know what wonderful pets in need of good homes are out there.  Today, we found Lionel while perusing www.petfinder.com:


Lionel is a suave debonair gentle-cat. He has beautiful silky long hair that is a delight to brush. He saunters about the room with a sense of elegance and sophistication and is very respectful of his feline roommates. One of his favorite activities is to watch the shenanigans of the other cats in the room. He enjoys playing around the scratching post (though he is declawed), but most of all enjoys sitting up high on a shelf and moderating the activities. He would do best in a quiet home environment and would love to shower you with his affection. Come meet this sweet, spectacular, stunning guy soon!

More about Lionel

Pet ID: 10121 • Spayed/Neutered • Up-to-date with routine shots • House trained • Declawed

Lionel's Contact Info

Columbia Second Chance, Columbia, MO

No comments:

Post a Comment