Saturday, January 8, 2011

More Columbia Second Chance Friends!

While I always enjoy seeing my kitty friends every Saturday at Petco, I'm pretty excited when Columbia Second Chance gets to bring dogs!  This week, Jax and I met Clementine, Hayworth, Petunia, and Hallie.
Hayworth (click his name to go to his info page) is a little black and white Chihuahua, a polite fellow who did not mind me sniffing his crate at all--in fact, he came right up to me with a wagging tail.  He enjoyed being passed from one adoring customer to another before curling up with his cratemate Petunia, a little black pug (she does not have a photo on Petfinder yet).   Clementine is a tiny beagle with lots of ticking and brown velvet ears.  Mom paid her lots of attention, which made me a little jealous.  She doesn't have a listing on Petfinder yet, but is available if you ask Second Chance.  She loves to play with other dogs, including a 65 lb Vizsla at her foster home.  Hallie, perched atop Hayworth and Petunia's crate, had the lithe, speedy looks of a potential agility dog.  She is a beagle/terrier cross, about 2 years old.
Hallie - Available for Adoption!
I don't quite know why, mes chers, but I am drawn to black cats.  Today's black kitty is named Bessie, after Harry Truman's wife.  She seemed very comfortable at Petco, despite the Saturday craziness. Mom and I hope to get our own black kitty someday, but in the meantime we shall enjoy those who visit Petco each weekend.
Bessie - a kind kitty
Here's to the friends we have and to those we haven't met yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment