Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Doubly Good Day

I thought that my day was wonderful enough when Mom managed to drag herself out of bed a little earlier than usual and give me an extra-long walk. After work, however, we got back in the car and went to...GRINDSTONE! I was so excited that I barked all the way across the bridge. I swam for a little in the creek and then we went in very confusing circles as Mom seemed to be waiting for something...
And then...HUGO!!!



Hugo and I haven't played since he was a pup in our PETCO class. It took awhile for him to warm up--the sand helped a lot! I don't quite know what it is about sand, but it DRIVES ME CRAZY. In a giddy way:) It worked the same way on Hugo, too! SAND WRESTLING!!! I retrieved a few sticks from the creek and Hugo went in after me. Then the creek dropped off. He bobbed back to the surface and swam back the bank but we were all surprised that his short little legs actually swam. We spent about an hour at Grindstone and then went back to respective houses for a much-needed bath:) See? Doubly good day!

2 comments:

  1. How fun that you could connect with an old friend at what sounds like a really fun spot!

    Woof!
    Kirby

    ReplyDelete
  2. An EXCELLENT adventure....A great place to explore and a companion.

    XXXOOO Daisy, kendra & Bella

    ReplyDelete